About – Innovation. Patents and Foresight
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
I’m Chris Kalaboukis, good to meet you. I blog on innovation, startups, technology, personal performance and the future, not necessarily those and not necessarily in that order. For more like this, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
WORK WITH ME:
- My firm, hellofuture is a foresight, innovation, patent and technology consultancy. We focus on inventing the future, imagining new trends, products and services, protecting those ideas, and bringing them into the world. We create innovative new products, services, and patents via our foresight, innovation and patent development programs.
- I use Calendly – if you’d like to book a quick call to chat about your current requirements, pick a slot here
DENT THE UNIVERSE:
- Subscribe to our twice weekly newsletter, thinkfuture pulse, is our new bulletin covering breaking news and insights in the world of innovation, startups and what’s next.
READ MY STUFF:
- Innovation Mastery: Based on years of research and experience, this is the ultimate guide to envisioning, creating, building, running and managing an innovation program for your company, no matter the size.
- Experiencing Tomorrow Today: On Being Innovative – I’ve been interested in the future since I was young – remember staying up late with a flashlight under the covers reading science fiction and imagining the cool future that was depicted in those books. As I got older, I realized that I wanted to be involved in creating that future – envisioning and developing those products and services ahead of our time.
- Our Devices, Our Selves: From Wearable Devices To Homo Superior -We have already evolved to a state of “homo superior” – we have yet to admit it. We have already evolved to our next state of being, as long as you realize that we are not simply human, we are human + our devices. Homo Superior = Our Devices + Ourselves.
- Wonder Man Machine:Fusing Intent, People & The Cloud To Create A More Useful Internet – When was the last time you used the internet to look for a flight or hotel and felt that maybe you didn’t get the best deal, or what you really wanted? Or the last time to researched and bought something like a car or a big screen TV and maybe were unhappy that you didn’t get all the information that you needed in order to make the right decision. How many times have you been happy with the results – getting exactly what you needed, immediately when you needed it? My guess would be – not as often as you’d think.
LET ME SPEAK:
- I am available for speaking engagements at your company or event. My specialties include foresight, innovation, patents, technology and startups. My contact email is [email protected]
Chris Kalaboukis is the co-founder of hellofuture, a foresight, innovation, and patent development consultancy. A visionary disruptive innovator and prolific inventor, he is named on 60+ patents in the internet, social networking and fintech space. An experienced technologist and coder, he has architected, developed, and launched a multitude of apps, both web and mobile. A serial entrepreneur, he has helmed several startups from inception to launch. Recently, he has been specializing in the development of innovative new products and services via innovation, patent and foresight programs for financial services, technology, media, and retail/e-commerce companies, from startups to enterprises. He has authored several books on innovation and the future, and blogs and podcasts at thinkfuture.com
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker – The Institute For The Future – Technology Horizons Fall 2016 Member Retreat: When Everything is Media – A Perspective on Conversational Commerce
- Speaker – IoT SLAM 2015 – Making Magic: Building The Seamless World
- Speaker – IEEE – Rock Stars of IoT/Ambient Computing
- Panelist – AAMA – The Omnichannel Enterprise
- Speaker – Influence HR Conference – Achieving Sustainable Velocity in Product Development
- Speaker – IOTAConf – A Seamless World
- Panelist – SIME Miami – Managing Exponential Growth
- Article – My BFF is A Bot – Article on Conversational Commerce for Future Now: When Everything Is Media – Issue 2 – Year 2016
- Book – Innovation Mastery: The Definitive Guide to Running the Ultimate Innovation Program
- Book – Experiencing Tomorrow Today: On Being Innovative
- Book – Our Devices, Ourselves : From Wearable Computers To Homo Superior
- Book – Wonder Man Machine : Fusing Intent, People & The Cloud
- White Paper – The Future of Digital Care
- White Paper – How to Play Well With Others – Outperforming in a Complex World
- White Paper – China Market Entry
- White Paper – How I Learned to Love Test Automation
- Inventor on 64 issued patents and 118 pending
- Selected Patents:
- Automated Friend Finder
- Disclosed are methods and apparatus for automatically connecting individuals. A private profile of an individual may be automatically generated. The private profile of the individual may be automatically compared with private profiles of a set of individuals such that one or more of the set of individuals are identified as matches for the individual, wherein the private profile of the individual includes private data and each of the private profiles of the set of individuals includes private data. The private profile of the individual is not publicly available to other individuals that have access to a public profile of the individual. The individual may be automatically notified that the individual has been matched with the one or more individuals, thereby enabling the individual to initiate communication with the one or more individuals. The similarities between the private profile of the individual and the private profiles of the one or more individuals are not revealed to the individual or the one or more individuals.
- Social Network Commerce Model
- Rules-based commerce system or marketplace that proactively acquires and purchases, on behalf of consumers, works submitted by creators. In one implementation, the system involves a rules engine which makes current and future purchases of electronic content and code based on the positive fulfillment of specific pre-created criteria. Some particular implementations of the invention can be implemented to create a net of income from a large quantity of sources in order to support one or more social media activities. Other implementations of the invention can be configured to create forms of sponsorship whereby a consumer can create rules to automatically acquire and pay for a future work that meets one or more criteria. On the creator side, implementations of the invention can be configured to assist creators to develop an audience and corresponding income streams to support social media creation activities.
- Apparatus and methods for managing a social media universe
- Methods and apparatus include features for managing social media universes. In one embodiment, media content and community members that have been associated with a new concept for creating a new universe are searched on a plurality of media content servers. For each found new concept, an association is retained between the new universe for the new concept and any found media content and community members. When a requesting user requests to view the new universe, a representation of the media content and the community members that are associated with the new universe is displayed for the requesting user.
- Automated Friend Finder